Tuesday, October 26, 2010

No bull, dawg!!



I had the pleasure of photographing one of the most stunning bulldogs I've ever seen. Beautiful but tough looking - I sure wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley! But he's all sweetheart...

Harley is a bonafide "junkyard dog" who I spotted while scoping out a local salvage yard for a potential spot to shoot. While I didn't find it to be a great location to get grungy w/ seniors, I was thrilled to see Harley, curled up at his owner's feet in the office. There was no way I was going to pass by this beautiful brindle English Bulldog without inviting his owner Monique to my studio!

And as we know, timing is everything. Harley made the perfect subject for my front cover concept for the Thanksgiving issue of "City and Country Pets" magazine! It'll hit the stands on November 1, watch for it, it's free. (Incidentally, I had no idea that I could find these turkey legs at WalMart, a big greasy THANK YOU to Jim Basford for clueing me in, after a day long hunt!!)



No comments: